1. Blue and Gold Macaw Intelligent and social, the Blue and Gold Macaw grows to be quite large. They measure nearly three feet from the peak to the tip of the tail. This is not a pet for an average conditioned bird owner as it rivals a cat or a dog in its social needs.
2. Greenwing Macaws The Greenwing Macaw has a very sweet disposition, and give respone to our actions if given well training. They need attention and time to bond with their owners but will be thriven in a supportive environment.
3. Hahn's Macaws These little birds are the smallest of the macaws and are very easygoing. Social and intelligent, Hahn's Macaws give respone quickly due to training and form the close bonds with their owners.
4. Hyacinth Macaws Hyacinth Macaws are the largest species of Macaws and actually the hardest to care for. Because these birds demand more time and attention than other species, Hyacinth Macaws are definitely not the right pets for new bird owners. They are large in size, beautiful and very intelligent birds.
5. Hybrid Macaws Hybrid Macaws are different from other macaw species. They are bred strictly for colour and pet quality. Because these birds are of mixed heritage, they possess the combined heredity of the species that were crossed to produce them. Only an experienced owner can go thorough understand the behavior of Hybrid Macaws.
6. Illiger's Macaws Illiger's Macaws are playful, friendly birds that enjoy human interference. When they are hand fed as babies and raised in loving attentive homes, these intelligent parrots will bond strongly with their owners and will quickly respond to the positive training techniques.
7. Military Macaws Social and very outspoken, Military Macaws have a reputation for being pleasant, even moderated pets when properly socialized. Military Macaws are curious birds, and they enjoy playing and interacting with their human group.
8. Scarlet Macaws These birds are very intelligent, but they need daily socialization so that they stay calm. Scarlet Macaws get bored very easily, thus they should be provided with so many toys to play with and a near constant attention from their owners.
9. Severe Macaws Friendly and comedian, the Severe Macaw's great personality makes it a favorite among the bird lovers. With adequate amount of socialization, Severe Macaws bond quickly with their owners, even seen giving impressive speech if well trained. They are as important as other Macaw varieties, but the Severe Macaws are the charming birds.
10. Yellow-Collared Macaws Affectionate among the people, the Yellow-Collared Macaws have a reputation for being an intelligent and resourceful little parrots. They thrive on attention from their owners, and like the other macaw breeds, they will seek the attention of their owners by any means of resources. They are that kind of bird which is clever in nature.