10. (Long-haired) Chihuahua The diminutive Chihuahua comes in two different coat varieties: Smooth coat and Long coat.
9. Havanese There is no such thing as a smooth-coated Havanese. Well, not naturally anyway.
8. Maltese Although we Often see Maltese with short haircuts like the puppy cut, they can grow hair long enough to puddle on the floor under the dog.
7.Shih Tzu the Shih Tzu is an adorable and ancient small companion dog who's loved the world over.
6. Chinese Crested Powderpuff I have a Facebook Friend who is enamored by the Chinese Crested, and I know why They are adorable.
5. Japanese Chin If you want a small dog with long hair that is clean and doesn't require baths often, the Japanese Chin might be the dog you are looking for.
4. Lhasa Apso The Dalai Lamas not only kept Lhasa's as pets but also used them as gifts for honored guests.
3. Pomeranian The Pomeranian coat is best described as fluffy rather than flowing.
2. Tibetan Spaniel The animated and curious Tibetan Spaniel was bred ages ago for sentinel work on the walls of Tibetan monasteries, barking to alert of approaching strangers and animals and known for a flat, silky coat and "lion's mane" around its neck.
1. Yorkshire Terrier Yorkshire terriers came in two different types of coats., In a silky coat the hair is fine long smooth straight and shiny. The second type known as the woolly or wire coat, is wavy, dense and looks woolly.